Monday 15 September 2008

Monday Morning

My lord, it's good to be back home, where I don't need to pay €3 for a filter coffee or worry about a maid barging in through the door, ignoring the do not disturb sign, screaming 'MINIBAR! MINIBAR!!'. Now it's time to get down to business, hardcore stylee!

Starting with trying to finish Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (22 hours in ATM) so I can move on to casually playing Disgaea 3 for the PS3, which came while I was away in Gran Canaria. Coffee is helping me with this goal :) God love how cheap Nescafe is and how good it tastes with 3 sugars and milk!! Not quite Starbucks, but then it's about one twentieth the price of a filter coffee per cup!

In bad news, I think my camera is screwed! I took it with me to take pictures of Las Dunas de Maspalomas and i think it got sand in the lens mechanism. It makes funny noises when turning on, but if you try to zoom in it just turns off. Ah well, it only cost me £125 two years ago, not bad value tbh but now i'm debating whether I should replace it with a decent compact or upgrade to a DSLR for twice the price. Hmmm . . .

While on holiday I read a butt load too! Here's the completed list with ratings:

Haruki Murakami 'Wild Sheep Chase' 6/10
Haruki Murakami 'South of the border, West of the sun' 8/10
Alan Moore 'Watchmen' 9/10
Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' 11/10!!
Neil Gaimen 'American Gods' 8/10
Gregory Maguire 'Son of a Witch' 7/10

Time for me to run off and get ready to brave the outside world on this cold Manchester afternoon!

Look! A dragon over your shoulder!

*runs away*

1 comment:

Dave Dave said...

Glad to see Dawkins get the top spot! :) x